How Can We Help You?
Who can get an Eldredge Public Library CLAMS card?
- Any adult may get an Eldredge Public Library card with proof of ID.¬† Children must be 5 years of age to get a card, and all children under the age of 18 need the consent of a parent or guardian in order to borrow materials from the Eldredge Public Library.
How do I log into my account?
What if I don't have or have lost my pin number?
- We automatically assign the last 4 digits of your library card number as your pin number, unless you have specifically asked for a different number or assigned your own pin number.¬† If you need your pin number reset, please call or¬†visit¬†the¬†library.
How can I renew my materials?
- In person at the library
- By phone at¬†508-945-5170
- Online through the CLAMS online catalog.¬† Log into your account¬†using your library barcode and PIN number
How many times can I renew?
- As long as no one is waiting for the materials, you may renew two times.
How long can I borrow materials for?
- Most items have a loan period of 2 weeks.¬† Movies have a 1 week loan period.¬†
Can I return another library's materials to you?
- Yes.¬† Any items from the CLAMS network can be returned here and we will get it back to the owning location.
Is there¬† a limit on the number of items that I can take out on my library card?
- The total¬†number of items checked out on your account is limited¬†to 50.¬† However, some types of items have their own specific limits.¬† Please see our Borrowers Policy and Restrictions for more detailed information.
Can I search the library catalog from home?
Can I request¬† books or get my name on a waiting list?
- Yes.¬† You can do this through the CLAMS catalog by locating the item and clicking the "request" button at the top of the search screen.¬† You will need your library barcode and PIN number to do this.¬† You can also ask the staff to place requests for you - ask at the desk or give us a call at 508-945-5170.
Can I return my items if you are closed?
- Yes.¬† We have return boxes¬†in the¬†parking lot¬†behind the library on Library Lane.
Do you have museum passes?
I'm getting rid of some books at my house.¬†¬† Can I bring them to the library?
- Yes.¬† Please see our Book Sale page for guidelines.
Can I bring in my old magazines?
- We will take a limited amount of old, but still relevant magazines.¬† Please inquire at the Front Desk.
When is the book sale open?
- Please see our Book Sale page for information.
Can I send¬† or receive a fax from the library?
- Yes.¬† Sending: $2.00 for 1st page, $1.00 for each additional page; Receiving: $1.00 per page.
Our fax number is 508-945-5173. If receiving, please have sender put your name and phone number so we can contact you.
Do you have a copy machine?¬† Is it color?
- We have a black & white copy machine.¬† Copies are $.15 per copy.
Can I scan documents at the library?
- Yes, you can scan documents and pictures in several formats to your¬†email, smartphone, USB or Google Drive.¬† There is no charge for scanning.
Does the library have wi-fi?
- ¬†Yes.¬† We are the "eldredge" network.¬† No log in or password is needed.
Do you have a printer I can use?
- Yes. You can print from all of our public computers.¬† We do not have printing available for laptop users.
Does the library have public computers?¬† Do I need a library card to use them?
- Yes.¬† We have public computers, free of charge, for adults, teens and children.¬† You do not need to be a library member to use the computers.¬†¬†¬† You do need to sign up for computer time, which¬†fills up quickly in the summer time.¬† You can sign up in person or call the¬†library at 508-945-5170.¬† ¬†See our Computer Information ¬†page for more information.
How can I find out information about upcoming programs?
When was the library built?
- The library was built in 1896.¬† Please see our Library History page for more detailed information.
Was this always a library?
- Yes.¬† The library was a gift to the people of Chatham by Marcellus Eldredge.¬†¬† Please see our Library History page for more detailed information.
How can I get materials if I am homebound?
- We offer a "ride and read" program in¬†partnership with St. Christopher's Episcopal Church.¬† Please see our Home Delivery Service page for more information or call the library at 508-945-5170.
Who should I contact if I need some research assistance?
- You can reach our Reference Department through email or by phone, 508-945-5170.
Do you have meeting space available?
- Yes.¬† We have several meeting room spaces available to non-profit organizations.¬† Please see our Meeting Room page for more information and to download the meeting reservation forms.
Do you have space for tutoring or a quiet area where I can study?
- Yes.¬† Our Quiet Study Room is the best location in the library for tutoring and study.¬† Room reservation forms can be downloaded on our Meeting Room page.
Who should I talk to about volunteering?
- The library offers many opportunities for volunteers.¬† Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Beth Holden.
How do I sign up for the library newsletter and emails about programs and events?